I am an award-winning art director, brand designer and brand thinker with two decades of experience in content and design leadership.
I have been creative director at Men’s Health at its height, Giant Magazine at its most loved, Jack Magazine at its most fun and GQ at its most lauded.
Today, I use the skills I developed on these titles to make and direct visual communications across multiple platforms, from photo direction and conceptual work to film, motion design and brand-mark creation.
I work with marketing teams and content agencies. Redwood and The Week have been my biggest clients. Working with their CEOs and multi-skilled teams, I have led the art, design and brand messaging for launches, pitches and ad campaigns.
What have I learned?
- Projects succeed when optimists collaborate.
- Publishing experience means knowing your audience… which is where the best content begins.
- My art direction is about finding the connections between an idea, a business and its audience.
- Content marketing for YouTube, Arup, Land Rover and Oakley.
- Film for The Week Junior, The Book of Man and Head & Shoulders.
- Brand message and ad campaigns for The Week, The Week Portfolio and Buyacar.
- UI and brand-mark creation.
Redwood Content Marketing, Dennis Publishing, The Week, Land Rover, Oakley, Cyclist, Which?, Shortlist Media, Rotageek, Popbitch, Big Al’s Advertising Agency, Jason Bruges Studio, Limited Brands (Victoria’s Secret account), London Advertising, M&C Saatchi, SapientNitro, Stingray Studios, Complex Magazine/Ecko Unlimited, Dennis Publishing (U.K & U.S.), Future Publishing (U.S.), Ketchum, John Brown Media, Sunday Publishing, The Sunday Times Magazine, Viewpoint magazine.
Photo direction - credits:
Lighting test with Patrik Giardino. On location in Los Angeles shooting Amir Kahn for Men’s Health.